Thursday, December 13, 2007

Food is Good

It was a small crowd last Saturday night because the weather was kind of bad and other things happening. So the participants were Antonio and Lynn, Dave and Maggie and me.

First course was my asparagus soup. It was OK, but I think it's much better when asparagus is in season.

Next course, gambas al ajillo (garlic shrimp) and pan seared steak. Both fantastic plates.
Last but not least, dessert. Maggie and Dave made chocolate ice cream with bittersweet chocolate. So good, so rich! I brought some little Italian cookies from the deli that accented the flavor of the ice cream.

All that, along with bread that Dave and Maggie made, cheeses, olives, and lots of wine. Oh, and Bacardi Raz and sour mix - yikes!

Except for the soup, I don't have the recipes to the other items. As I get them, I will post them.